This combines wheat bread with fresh pecans and works great for breakfast or sandwiches. Throw the ingredients in the bread machine and let it do all the hard work.
•1 cup water
•2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
•3 tablespoons brown sugar (dark)
•2 tablespoons butter
•2 cups of bread flour (unbleached)
•1 cup whole wheat flour
•1 cup of diced pecans
•1 ¼ teaspoons salt
•2 tablespoons water
- Put ingredients into the bread machine pan as instructed by the manufac-turer. Start the machine on the Wheat bread cycle.
- Check the dough after 10 minutes before the end of the first cycle to add
more water or flour to make the dough ball smooth and soft.
- Remove the dough after the cycle is finished and put it in a greased 8 x 4’’
- Let dough rise for 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 F for 38 to 45 minutes or until middle of loaf is 190 F.
- Remove bread and allow to cool.
Tip: Add a few tablespoons of honey to the mixture if you like sweeter pecan