Cinnamon rolls are the perfect breakfast starter, and there’s nothing like the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls in the house. These cinnamon rolls take a bit of work to make but they are well worth it.
•3 tablespoons butter (softened)
•1/3 cup white sugar
•¾ teaspoon salt
•¾ teaspoon cinnamon
•1 cup confectioner’s sugar
•1 ½ tablespoons melted butter
•1 ½ tablespoons milk
•½ cup milk
•2 ¼ tablespoons bread machine yeast
•½ cup water
•2 tablespoons butter
•¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
•¼ cup white sugar
•3 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat ½ cup water, ½ cup milk and 2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan
until very warm.
- Put this mixture along with salt, yeast, flour, sugar and eggs into the bread machine as instructed by the manufacturer. Start it on the Dough cycle.
- Remove bread from machine and punch down.
- Roll into a large rectangle.
- Smear with butter (softened butter).
- Sprinkle a mixture of the cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar over the rectangle.
- Starting at the long side, roll the dough up into a log and cut into 12 dif-
- Put the rolls in a greased 9×13 baking pan.
- Cover and allow to rise 30 minutes or so.
- Combine 1 ½ tablespoons melted butter, 1 ½ tablespoons milk, confec-
tioner’s sugar and vanilla extract into a frosting and set aside.
- Bake rolls for 20 to 25 minutes at 375 F (be sure to preheat) and allow to
cool for 10 minutes before spreading frosting.
Tip: Add in pecans, raisins or walnuts after step 6 if desired.